Beginning in February New Horizons is planning to introduce a plan to read through the entire Bible during 2023. This Bible reading plan is designed to help the congregation engage with God’s Word by reading the entire Bible together. By dividing the Bible into 365 daily readings, our goal of reading the Bible in a year can be accomplished. The plan we are looking at will take us from the beginning and help us make the connections of how all of the books of the Bible joins together The criteria we are looking for in a plan:
- Must have flexibility… Can move at our own pace, however the plan is doable in a year.
- The plan each week contains five days of reading instead of the usual seven days. This leaves two extra days if you have a busy schedule during the week.
- The plan we are looking at includes three passages each day …one from the Old Testament, one from the Psalm, or Proverbs and one from the New Testament this give us a little balance in what we read.
- Have a printable road map for what scripture should be read daily.
- Can read your own bible. Do not need to purchase The One Year Bible. This way you can chose to consider the translation/translations you want to read.
- Can’t beat the cost... Free
You may or may not have read the Bible all the way through. But take my word it is really worth it. My hope is to encourage you to consider making the commitment to make 2023 the year you read through the complete Bible. What better way can New Horizon, as a congregation, start the New Year than to read more of the Bible and renew our focus. I am excited to see where God is going to take us over this year.
Stay tune for more information.